4th International Feed Regulators Meeting
The 4th International Feed Regulators Meeting held January 2011 in Atlanta USA, marked by positive engagement between regulators and feed industry professionals from around the world
The 4th International Feed Regulators Meeting took place in Atlanta, Georgia, USA in January 2011 and was marked by very positive engagement between regulators and industry representatives.
Short presentations were followed by panel discussions and then a open question and comment period. The format offered greater engagement between regulators and industry representatives to deliver significantly more outcomes. The 4IFRM covered:
- An outlook on the new Codex Task Force on animal feed, including a review of the risk assessment methods and management tools.
- IFIF’s Feed Regulatory Comparison Report for Feed Additives, which is a comparison between the regulatory process for feed additive approvals in Canada, US and EU
- FAO/WHO’s outlook on the possible mechanisms for the notification of emergencies affecting the feed industry.
- New regulatory developments on feed labeling.
- Report on the Safe Supply of Affordable Food Everywhere (SSAFE) project and its prerequisites for animal feed safety.